1. WHO ARE WE?
We are ROOFTG Africa and Middle East. We have our registered office at 36 Market Square, Toddington, Beds, LU5 6BS, UK.
Metrotile® Roofs, the publisher of metrotileafme.com, respects your privacy. We collect personal information from you only when it is specifically and knowingly provided by you.
2. WE KNOW YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO YOU
We value your right to privacy and strive to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and more specifically with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its national implementing legislation.
Note: this does not constitute your ‘consent’ to the processing of your personal data. We do not process your personal data on the basis of your consent unless specifically indicated.
3. WHOSE PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal data from
- Our website visitors. When filling in our registration forms, or contact forms on the website.
- People we meet at for example (network)events and fairs.
In the context of our services, we may collect personal data relating to our customers, contacts or visitors of our website.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA RELATING TO YOU?
We may collect information about you in various ways:
- Directly from contacts, for example, when meeting contacts at a fair or at events, data coming from a business card or data given orally to us will be processed by our CRM system
- Directly from you when you visit our website, which may include information you provide to us by means of contact forms or registration forms.
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect the following information about you and we use it for the following purposes:
Personal data: Purposes:
your identification and contact information (name, address, telephone number, email address or other contact details) • customer administration
• for marketing purposes like mailings, calls
your IP address and surfing behavior • to improve our services and the quality thereof
• to improve our website
For the processing of your identification and contact information for the purpose of
- customer administration, for which we rely on the execution of our contract,
- marketing (through non-electronic means or telephone calls) purposes, we rely upon our legitimate interest for your consent. Please do note you have the right to opt-out any time (see below).
- Electronic direct marketing (mailings). We note that you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You may do so by E-mail (via firstname.lastname@example.org) or by filling in our contact form on metrotileafme.com stating that you would like to withdraw your consent. When receiving a mailing you can withdraw via the unsubscribe button included in the mailing.
6. HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will not be stored for longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which we process them (we refer to the purposes as listed above in paragraph 5). Only where we are legally obliged to, or where this is necessary for defending our interests in the context of judicial proceedings (e.g. in case of a dispute), we will store the personal data for longer periods.
More specifically, the following storage periods apply:
Personal data: Storage period:
name, address, telephone number, email address or other contact details 2 years
IP address and surfing behavior 2 years
7. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures for ensuring a level of security appropriate to the specific risks that we have identified. We protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Further, we seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. In view thereof, we kindly request you to inform us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your contact details).
8. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW YOU CAN EXERCISE THEM?
You have the right to:
- information about and access to your personal data;
- rectify your personal data;
- erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) your personal data to another organization.
We use certain cookies and social media plug-ins on our website. Some of them are essential to make our website work, others serve to provide you a better, faster and safer user experience.
Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored on your computer or mobile device via your browser. On our website, we use the following cookies:
Name of the cookie: Type of cookie: Purpose of the cookie: Storage period:
CONSENT Analytical cookies This cookie allows us to recognize the visitors of our website, to count the number of visitors and to identify the way in which they navigate. This allows us to improve the user navigation and to ensure that visitors can faster and easier find what they need 20 years
NID Analytical cookies This cookie allows us to recognize the visitors of our website, to count the number of visitors and to identify the way in which they navigate. This allows us to improve the user navigation and to ensure that visitors can faster and easier find what they need 6 months
_ga Analytical cookies This cookie allows us to recognize the visitors of our website, to count the number of visitors and to identify the way in which they navigate. This allows us to improve the user navigation and to ensure that visitors can faster and easier find what they need 2 years
10. HOW CAN YOU MANAGE / DELETE THESE COOKIES?
All major internet browsers offer the option to manage the cookies that were installed on your computer or mobile device.
In case you do not wish that this website / web application places cookies on your computer / mobile device, you may limit or delete these easily by adjusting you mobile or browser settings. In addition, you can set you mobile or browser settings in such a way that you get a notification every time you receive a cookie on your computer or mobile device, so that you can decide whether you wish to accept this cookie or not.
Please note that when you disable certain cookies of which we are making use, the possibility exists that certain parts of our website / web application will no longer function properly and you will no longer enjoy an optimal user experience.
Right to information and right to access your personal data You may at any time request more information on our processing activities and the personal data that we are keeping from you.
Right to rectification of inaccurate or incomplete personal data of You have the right to require us to, without undue delay, rectify or complete any of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to deletion of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’) You may request us to delete (part of) your personal data in the following situations:
When the processing is no longer necessary for achieving the purposes for which they we collected or otherwise processed these; or
When the processing was based on your consent and you have decided to withdraw that consent;
When you have other reasonable grounds to object to the processing of your personal data;
When we would unlawfully process your personal data;
When your personal data have to be erased in compliance with a legal obligation directed to us.
We note that in some case, we may refuse to delete your personal data: (i) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; (ii) for compliance with a legal obligation; or (iii) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing You may request us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data in the following situations:
When you have contested the accuracy of your personal data, for a period enabling us to verify this accuracy; or
When the processing appears to be unlawful and you request us the restriction of use of your data instead of the deletion of this data; or
When we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
Pending verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours in the framework of an objection.
Right to object to the processing of your personal data (free of charge) You may under certain circumstances object to the processing of your personal data, when such processing is based on our “legitimate interests”. If we agree, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds to do so, or because such a processing is necessary.
Where we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may at any time object to the processing thereof or withdraw your consent thereto. You also have the right not to be subject to profiling for direct marketing purposes.
Right to data portability In some cases, you have the right to receive all your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller. This right applies:
In case the processing is based on consent or on the necessity for the performance of a contract; and
In case the processing is carried out by automated means.